Sunday, September 21, 2008

YAY, I'm Alive!

I took the day off of church today (a few of you may have noticed my struggling husband in sacrament with the 2 older kiddos) because I am in pain. Its a good pain though! I am just saying yay for me for finally completing the Gilmore Adventure Race yesterday! This was my 3rd year doing it. The first year we were totally lost in the woods and had to quit, last year we were a few miles short of finishing but the race was called off due to horrible weather. But this year we did it!!! It took us 7 hours and 30 miles or so, but we finished and I am soooo happy!! No serious injuries other than bruises and scratches from all the bush whacking, but I didn't fall off my bike once and some of those trails were pretty gnarly (such an 80's word, I love it). Now that I've done that I kind of don't have any plans for the rest of the year. So I am letting you all know, not to brag, but if I tell you I have someone to report to.... I'm signing up to do the PF Chang's Marathon in January. There, I said it. AHHHHH! Yes, 26.2 miles and I'm scared!! Scared bad. I really don't like to run, but I just want to see if I can do it. Just something I want to check off of my "things to do in this life" list. Anyhoo, as soon as I get some pictures of Adventure Race, I'll post them for you all.

2 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

We weren't LOST IN THE WOODS the first year!!!! I twisted my ankle running down that dany mountain, remember???? "lost" makes us look bad! ;)
PF Changs, here we come!

Mike and Meg said...

That is so cool. I totally wish I had the guts to do that!