Thursday, September 4, 2008

Meet Jeremy

For the past couple of days Madison has been playing with the boys at school. She said she is on the boy team and what they do is chase the girls around the playground. She thinks it is no longer cool to be a girl. This morning I told her to go and get dressed and she got dressed into her brother's clothes. She wouldn't wear a bow in her hair, she didn't even want to bring her girl back pack. This was our argument:

"I only want to wear boy clothes! Can you go to the store and get me some?"

"No Madison, I'm not going to the store today, and besides, your girl clothes are just fine. You don't need new ones."

"I don't want to wear girl clothes!! I want to be a boy. I don't like girls, they scream and act all ignoring (annoying)"

"Heavenly Father made you a girl, its okay to like boy things but you're still a girl."

"No I'm not, my name is Jeremy, I'm a boy and that's final!" (she actually said that)

"Fine, Jeremy, what would you like for lunch?"

Okay, so I gave up! That is very out of character for me. She is taking this really serious. I'm worried. I didn't think they started in on this tomboy phase so soon! Sounding the Alert! I need all of my friends with little girls to have her over for a play date STAT. Call me.


This is her in her boy outfit. She's very happy about it.

9 comments:

Scot & Tanya said...

That is too funny! My daughter went through that stage too, actually she's still in it a little!! She said that when she grew up she was going to be a boy!

cosmo and jenn said...

i think i'm still in that phase....

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

I'm chuckling out loud. Love that girl.

Tansey Hall said...

The picture with the line through the girl is funny. She is such a tom-boy and there is nothing wrong with that.

Shaye said...

That is absolutely hilarious!!! Oh my gosh, and to even come up with a 'boy' name, I love it, she's quite the riot! :)

nelson6 said...

hehehe, she just wants to run around like the boys do..so nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't worry! She can come have girl time with Cali anytime...although we're moslty boys over here too.

Tanner and Shasta said...

Just letting everyone know that tanner and his fam were on family feud! check our blog for more details!

Natalie Francis said...

Ha! That is hilarious!! I can totally see her being serious about it too. Just a phase, I'm sure!

Mary said...

She has some spunk!! : ) I love it!! Tell her she's too cute to be a boy!! : )