So... what really goes on in my house. Well I'm not perfect that's for sure. My house is definitely not always clean as you will see from the evidence below. I do argue with my husband, I even yell at my kids sometimes. I'm not organized. I don't make my bed every morning, I don't make my husband's lunch, sometimes dinner is eggo waffles or chicken nuggets and french fries, even though we had it for lunch, not everything that comes out of my kids' mouths is cute. I don't mop my floor every week, sometimes my kids wear the same clothes for 3 days, sometimes I wear the same clothes for 3 days. My kids throw fits, fight and sometimes watch TV for 3 hours straight.
Today I am ditching church because I'm tired and I ate a cupcake for breakfast. Maybe I'll do those dirty dishes, or maybe I'll read a book in my few precious hours of quiet...hmmm.
I'm comfortable writing this for some reason. Our home may not be perfect, but I love it. Perfect to me is boring. I love going in the bathroom to see that a whole bottle of liquid soap has been dumped in the toilet, or that my eyeliner has been used as a crayon on the bathroom wall or step in the sticky mystery liquid all over the floor. It keeps me on my toes. There definitely aren't any surprises around here that often, but there is love and hugs and kisses, and playfulness. I do have a husband who loves me more than I deserve sometimes, and 3 beautiful healthy kids. I feel that we are a happy, normal family and what else could I ask for.
So I am tagging all of you to keep it real, no pressure :) (to be perfect anyway)
Mary you're starting a movement :)
For some reason, this is what my kitchen looks like every Sunday morning. What is it with weekends!?
I hate dishes!
Sometimes I don't make my bed until the afternoon. In fact, some days I don't even find time to go into my bedroom until after the kids are asleep.
This is my refrigerator, I don't think its that bad. No, that is root beer, promise.

6 comments:
1st...I skipped church, too! We deserve it. My legs are all beat up anyway so wearing a skirt was out. At least that's what I tell myself.
2nd...I love your house too. And all my race stuff is just strewn across my kitchen counter, I'm too lazy to go clean it up. You ain't alone.
Me again. I have nothing better to do but blog on Sundays. Response to your comment on my blog: ya right. And yes, let's go ride together one morning. It might have to be a Saturday since clint leaves at 4.
I love it! Here Here!
I think if anyone claims that their family and routine is perfect, they are in serious denial. Who exactly defines what a perfect family is, right? I can relate on just about everything you wrote on there. And, I am not even ashamed......well, maybe sometimes! I had a blast reading your blogs! We are going to miss you guys tons!
I love this post! I'll have to steal it one day. It's amazing how much we are all alike!
Thanks for sharing! I love reading other peoples blogs, even though I haven't figured out how to do one of my own! I'm far enough behind on scrapbooks that I'll never catch up, so adding blogging to my list hasn't made it yet! But I can totally relate, and I'd like to just add that my house NEVER is all put together! My sink usually has dirty dishes, or pans from the night before that I didnt' feel like washing, my couch often has clean clothes that need to be folded, and we skipped church today just because getting 4small children and ourselves ready for church by 8am is killing me! No good reasons, like I ran a huge marathon yesterday or something, just everyone slept late and no one moved fast enough to get there. Is that real enough? The longer I live the more I understand that pointing fingers and making accusations just brings those kinds of struggles to your front door! If I even think something critical I immediately repent because I know that trial is coming my way. So I have NO criticism of homes or organization or lives or choices. Everyone has to walk in their own shoes. How' that for deep?! Love, Alecia
Post a Comment