I took Madison with me to go golfing this morning. Boy, was it an eventful day! We met my dad and my mother in law at the golf course. There was the perfect amount of us to have 2 people per cart and Madison sure loves to cruise around with papa on the golf course. But when we were beginning to tee off on the first hole, a guy that worked there asked if a man could join our party. We didn't care, but he was going to ride with my dad in his cart and this upset Madison. If any of you know my dad you know that he is a big man, and this guy was not small to say the least. He was a goofy guy though, and of course he became one of Madison's best friends in no time. She insisted on riding with them, so it looked so funny to see tiny Madison smashed between these big guys cruising in the golf cart. Right away she ended up chasing a baby bird that couldn't fly, so that kept her entertained for about 10 minutes. Then a coyote ran right by us with half of his breakfast in his mouth, disgusting. She then made it her job to be the score keeper and started giving papa scores of 30 or 17. She quickly got the hint that a zero was a good score. So there were lots of those... but not for me, I played like crap, but that's beside the point. Before papa would hit she said "get a bird papa", in which she meant birdie and drew a picture of a bird on the score card. He was happy about that one. She also got in some good practice, but wasn't very patient. She would try to hit the ball with the club and miss then she would throw her club, stomp off and pout. Just like here mama!! The best was when I let her drive the golf cart. She had fun with that one. We swerved all over the place and almost threw Grandma overboard. Other than the heat, the horrible sun burn and the crappy score, we still had a great time. I did learn one thing... 18 holes of golf is a lot more entertaining when you bring a 5 year old along. She sure did take a huge nap afterwards. The moral of this story, for any ladies with husbands who golf... make them take a kid next time. See what they say, it will be funny.

Madison and Papa checking out the hopping bird

Madison doing more exploring

Madi being silly, note the big guys in the background

Kinda hard to see, but these were the hot ladies on the golf course. Yes... that's Judd's mom, I know she looks like she's 20 years old, but its really his mom.
5 comments:
I LOVE Madi's outfit...!
I have not golfed since high school. My dad thought we could all go to college on golf scholarships but after spending an entire summer teaching us, he decided to start saving for our college instead. Although I was never good, I still enjoyed it!
Never a dull moment with Maddi-that's for sure! I agree, Judd's mom does look like she is 20.
u make it seem like so much fun! i'm gonna hafta join u some time cause i always thought it would be so boring! i'm sorry i didn't call u back in time about volleyball? I'm the worst phone call returner!!! i was out of town but would love to play! did u guys end up going? what about mtn biking? going any time soon? cute pics!!
Cuteness! What a girl!
Post a Comment