Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bean Spilling

Confession: I love food. I love it too much. I'm not prejudiced either. I can eat anything. Now on to my point...After baby number 4 I feel like I haven't been able to bounce back as fast. I want to wear my cute clothes without having to stretch them out. I want to go bathing suit shopping without having to come home all depressed. My life has been so busy that I've been off of my workout routine and I am starting to really notice. Something needs to be done. So here's my plan. I started up my workout routine this week. I'm feeling sore, but so good. (BTW any of you who are reading this thinking that I am being really stupid and I don't have a weight problem, you're right. I don't think I'm overweight or even in bad shape at all. I'm not doing this for my weight. More like to get over my food addiction and get some control of my diet. Maybe I will lose weight, maybe not, but I just want to lean up and lose these rolls! I want to not feel like I have to eat things just because they look good. I want to feel good about the things I eat instead of hiding it from everyone. I want to get rid of my sugar cravings!!!!) I am a "challenge" fanatic. I started this challenge called the Whole30. I've been doing it for almost a week. I feel AMAZING!! I will not lie, that it is sooooo hard, but overcoming trials and addictions was never meant to be easy. My goal: To eat raw foods. No packaged food, no preservatives, no sugar, no bread, no dairy for 30 whole days. You are probably thinking, "what the heck am I going to eat" well here it is. eggs, (not considered dairy on this diet) lots of veggies, some fruit, nuts, lean meats. anything that I can grow in my garden. Supposedly once I get into habit of eating these foods, it will cleanse my body and I won't have sugar cravings anymore. I have been having tons of cravings since I've started, but I just tell myself that putting that food in my mouth is a decision. I have a choice. I can eat it and continue sabotaging myself, or fight through this craving and accomplish my goal! So, I figure I will report here once in a while over my remaining 25 days and let you know just how it goes. I am also welcoming anyone who wants to join me on this crazy journey. Here is the website to the WHOLE30!!
If you want to join me, just leave a comment and we can work on this together! Its always fun if its with a group!! So there you have it. My name is Kristina and I am a recovering sugar addict!!

3 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

you are so funny. I will be checking up on you!

Unknown said...

That sounds awesome! I will do it with you! I don't know how hard it will be, I've never tried it. But my husband is probably the one who will complain. I don't know if the number I have in my phone is right, but if so I will text you how I'm doing. I don't know if you would care :) But I think it sounds like fun and a hard challenge. Thanks for the motivation!

Natalie Francis said...

you make me smile.