Wednesday, March 30, 2011

life in a nutshell

I love reading my old posts. I don't know why I don't blog more often. I just want to write down random things so i will always remember them.
We are moved in. We are loving it. Although cleaning a bigger house really sucks, the mess seems to spread out better so it doesn't look that bad. What once was heaps of laundry taking over my small bedroom in the old house, is just a small pile of clothes that needs to be hung up. Its the same amount of crap it just feels better for some reason. My kids can play hide and seek and actually "hide" somewhere. Where as before they would just freeze in a corner and hope no one noticed them as they walked by. They also have room to run. For anyone who doesn't know the details, we live on just over an acre now. My kids have never had more scrapes and bruises and have never been dirtier. This of course is Coulson's heaven. This child of mine always has dirt all over him and he never wears shoes. I probably look like the white trash mom that lets her kids run around naked. He literally does. He takes his underwear off and pees where ever he wants. The other day I found him in the front yard almost naked sitting on top of Judd's car. He walks right into our neighbor's house, plays with their toys and then comes home. If you are thinking to yourself, "why the heck don't I keep a better eye on my kids" its probably because you don't have four of the little boogers running around. Its just about impossible. I can't hardly answer the phone or go pee without someone escaping.
It has been an adventure out here. I've killed the king kong of scorpions. I stabbed it with a yard tool. I felt like some kind of ninja. We have to pull our garbage can about a quarter of a mile every week. If I want to go shopping I have to go "in town". But this is so much fun. I've got a garden and an awesome porch to sit on at night. We look at the city lights and watch the bats flap around. We had our ward rodeo last weekend. We are definitely city slickers compared to the people out here. Nolan got trampled by a couple of steers. He's ok but it was horrible looking. Just a normal occurrence for all of the cowboys out here. I've also learned that having 4 kids isn't a respectable number. If I say I have 4 they're like "oh really, well I have 8" 8 is a pretty normal number for families in this area. There is no way you will ever see me having 8 kids or driving a mini bus. I'm pretty perturbed because I ruined my camera in the move. Somehow it got bleach poured all over it. Hopefully I will get a new one for my anniversary that just passed. At least I think it just passed. Fun fact in case you didn't know. Judd and I eloped to Las Vegas to get married. Now neither of us have any recollection of what day it was on. We have a pretty good estimate, but I will have to try and find my marriage license just to be sure. It gets us both off of the hook for saying happy anniversary though. So hopefully this weekend I will get a camera and take some pictures for all to see.

1 comment:

MP Flory said...

I'm so happy you updated. I've been wondering how you liked your new place. You sound so happy!