Sunday, October 11, 2009

ode to my bedroom, hair and field trips

The long lazy days of my past are long gone. Now I can't even remember what day it is, or when I last took a shower. Life seems to be in super time warp mode. There are days when I don't even get to walk through my bedroom until 10:30 at night. In fact, I think I avoid it. There is something about my bedroom. The smokey blue walls, the huge puffy bed with brand new 600 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, the darkness from the heavy drapes. It has a sort of air about it, a scent, if you will. A scent that instantly makes my eyes droopy. It calls to me all day.
"come in here, look and this soft bed, just lay down. It doesn't matter if kids are screaming or you have to cook dinner. Just lay down and have a nap."

Oh bedroom, how can you tease me so? But I must press forward and avoid you at all costs. We can share the whole night together, don't you worry.

Anyway, enough of me talking to my bedroom.

So, last week Madison had crazy hair day at school. Madison is a child that never lets me touch her hair. In fact, most of the time it looks like this:


somehow I talked her into letting me do her hair for crazy hair day. I had this crazy idea that I wanted to make a flower pot on top of her head. Here's how it turned out.



Later that day, I went on a field trip with Nolan to Schnepf Farms. It was awesome getting to spend the whole day alone with him. It can be so hard to fit personal time in with everyone so we enjoyed ourselves and even split a cookie the size of his head.


4 comments:

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

I love the ode to the bedroom! haha... it's so true, mine looks so inviting as well... but luckily I actually get to take a nap here and there. :) I better get it all in now before it is no more.

MP Flory said...

Perhaps these outings or "dates"' should be a regular things with each of the kids. I have some with mine now and then. Last week, Haleigh and I watched Harry Potter locked up in my room (when Doug was home) for a date. She thought it was fun.

sladefamilyaz said...

I love Schnep Farms this time of year - Fun!

Mary said...

I just got caught up on your last couple of posts and I'm dying laughing!! I love the journal entries by Madison with you laughing at the crying kids!! Too funny!! You have to save those!! : ) Way to go on the flower pot head...it looks more cute than crazy!!