This is Madison's new diarrhea, or diary if you prefer to call it that. All day long she has been talking about it. "I'm going to write about Coulson in my diarrhea. " or "Look how pretty my new diarrhea is. I got it at school." What's funny about this "diary" is that Madison has had a problem coming home with things that she supposedly "borrows". A small toy, a braclet, a hair bow. I know that she is not borrowing these things. She thinks I was born yesterday or something. So, I've tried many tactics to deal with this situation. Finally it came down to "Never, ever bring home toys, I don't care if someone gives them to you, just say no thanks!" So.... a couple of weeks ago she comes home with this little toy cat. She's trying to tell me that she won it at school, but it looked worn and played with so I took it away and told her that I was going to ask her teacher if she really won it. Making a long story short, I forgot to call the teacher, but Madison never forgets anything!! That child will be the end of me if Coulson doesn't do it first. So... she comes home with this "diarreah" yesterday and it has a note on it from her teacher "Madison won this at school today"
Well then.
I guess I was wrong and now I feel all terrible mother-ish. I should have trusted her. How was I supposed to know she was really winning those things. Just a word from someone who is learning the hard way. Everything you say to your child, or your spouse, or yourself for that matter, your child will repeat at the most imbarrasing time imaginable. I think school teachers must laugh all day long.

5 comments:
I needed a laugh and got it from your story. Too funny.
LOL!! I hate it when that happens!!
LOL! that was so funny!. The sad part is that I have had similar experiences and it just shows me how I have lost my inocence. kids for the most part are true and honest, we are the ones that see with grown up eyes. I have to say we need to be careful to identify the teaching moments, they come, I know you were trying to be a good parent. I thinks this happens to all of us parents. Good post again, and again.
winning diarrhea is the best!
School teachers do laugh all day long. And then they go home and tell their husbands the funny stories of what kids said at school that day. Here's a small sample of some of the stories I've heard: "My mommy is flying back on an airplane today and my daddy bought her some new underwear."
Post a Comment