My kids were in heaven from the first second they got there. There were horses all around and some weird African bull. There was this little kitty that would run around, and for anyone who knows me, cats really creep me out, but this one was really cute. They were able to go down to the "crik" as Judd puts it. I call it a creek, but I guess I'm a city girl. I swear my kids didn't go to bed until like 11 every night. They were just having a ball and wandering around. It seriously made me want to move somewhere open. Kids just can't do that kinda stuff around here.
Saturday morning we went out to the parade. Somehow Coulson slept through the whole thing. That was a miracle in its own. The kids stocked up on candy and were pretty wired. After that we took them to the craft fair. They weren't too interested in that though. They kept whining for food, drinks, bathroom, bounce houses (this is the story of my life while on vacation, can't you tell?) Anyhoo, I thought we were going up there to beat the heat but it ended up being close to 100, so we decided to go hang out at the house. Then Madison got lost for like 2o minutes, someone always does. Its to the point where I don't freak out when I lose a kid. Judd's not used to it so he's kinda panicking. I'm just plain annoyed.


After some serious 3 hour naps we went out to dinner. I must say the funniest thing about a small town is. Everyone knows where EVERYTHING is. We were in 1 of the 3 restaurants in town and there was a business card for a salon. It did not have an address or cross street on the card. All it said was "next to Subway". This really cracks me up. But I'm sure anyone from Snowflake who reads this will know right where it is.
We then went on to the rodeo. This is where I decided I am a fan of wranglers on certain people. There were real cowboys there. The ones that are all dirty and have gloves hanging out of their back pockets. Woooeeeee. It was an eye candy fest for sure. The best part of the trip if you ask me ;) (hopefully Judd doesn't read this.... when we first got married he owned a bunch of wranglers and I made him get rid of them. I can't handle a boy in wranglers unless he is A. Riding a horse or bull. B working on a farm. Or C. Wrestling steers. Point being, you can't just wear them for recreational purposes.)

(notice my big smile ;)
The kids sure loved watching all the cowboys ride those bulls as much as I did. We watched fireworks at the end, which is good because we didn't go out for the 4th.
The next day we shot guns for a little bit. Poor Nolan. somehow the gun he was shooting scared him and it kicked back and the scope hit him in the head. Now he has a big bruise on his forehead. I told him he looks tough and to just tell everyone how he got it and no one would mess with him ;)
That's our Snowflake story. Next year hopefully lazy Coulson (who is 14 1/2 months old and still not even wanting to walk) will be walking and it will be easier. All I can say is that I am done vacationing for the summer. It always sounds like a good idea and then I get up there and remember how much work it is. Its bitter sweet for sure!!!

5 comments:
I am a wrangler fan for sure--for those same reasons though. Yumm-E. I read the "Season", loved it, and have "Time Traveler's Wife" on hold. Keep the book reviews coming!
Time Traveler's Wife might be my favorite book ever. I saw you in Snowflake at the rodeo, but you were too busy looking at Wranglers to notice me...
Melanie and I talked about it afterwards. Until our husbands got uncomfortable.
We had such a great time. Hopefully next time you visit the weather will be UNDER 100 degrees!
Sounds like you had so much fun! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!
Was it Silver Creek? That's where Bryant played every day as a kid. He has so many stories about Silver Creek. Snowflake is awesome!
Post a Comment