Sunday, July 5, 2009

random stuff that I think is funny

Funny Thing 1: Judd took the door off of the kids' bedroom because they kept slamming it. Now when they are playing in there babyzilla and dogzilla can come and go as they please leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. A request was made to put up a baby gate, so I did. Now all day I hear "I want to go out (or in)" Thank goodness a plan was devised to get in and out of their room. I feel like we are living in a cage. Funny Thing 2:

why is it, no matter what you're doing, a kid has to come and sabotage? Whether it be folding laundry, cleaning cupboards or mopping, they always have to be right in the way. Its like the law or something. Here we are trying to play shutes and ladders on the floor as a family. Not happening tonight.
This is the face of a baby plotting a way to steal my camera


Funny thing #3

Night time scripture study. Judd decided that he would teach the kids of the creation.

(I didn't feel like looking up the scripture to post it, so here's what I remember of it)

Judd: "The Lord created a companion for Adam from one of his ribs, and says to call her woman. The Lord then says that man shall leave his parents and cleave unto his wife. They shall be naked and not be ashamed and shall be of one flesh"

Madison "Dad, why are you smiling like that?"

Me "Because Daddy is really immature"


Funny thing #4

The other day I was in a hurry. I always seem to be in a hurry, come to think of it. This is something I will need to work on. Anyway, the kids are all dressed and ready to go, and then I noticed that I really needed to shave my legs. Crap. I hurry and turn the bath tub on and get to business. The next thing I know, Coulson has come along and is trying to splash in the water. "no worries," I think. at least he is entertained. Then somehow he flips into the bathtub. Clothes and diaper totally soaked. that kid.


Funny thing #5

Coulson always finds Judd's books and steals the book marks. If Judd were a woman he would remember to leave his book up high where kids can't reach it. But that's just one more reason why women need men around. For something to laugh at.

4 comments:

Mike and Meg said...

I love it. Rich I was laughing when I read about the creation story.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

My fav is funny thing #3. Judd is a crack up.

Mary said...

I love funny thing #3 the BEST!! Him and Ryan are 1 at heart!!

Wendi said...

I love that you blog these memories. I have forgotten all of the funny ones when the kids were tiny. It happens all too fast. Enjoy the moment