Friday, July 17, 2009

I survived yet another year of Girl's Camp!!

I made it back yesterday!! It was my best G camp experience yet! I was so excited to go with the 4th years again, and for those of you who don't know anything about girl's camp, the 4th years do all the cool adventure stuff, so I had 4, 15 year olds who had never mountain biked and the plan was to do a day long adventure race where the majority of it was mountain biking. We raced from 7:30 to 4. The girl's were such good sports. We biked, did GPS, archery, knife throwing, shot guns, blow darts, air rifles, canoe, team building exercises and tons of other activities, with a big obstacle course at the end. My ladies didn't complain one time!! The next day we did some repelling and swam in freezing cold swimming holes. Finally, by day 3 we were able to take showers!!!!! I was a stinky mess if you can imagine. What an awesome experience it was. We were away from phones and radio and TV and did lots of good spiritual stuff. Those kind of experiences change your outlook on your life so much! I just feel like a different person when I get home!
Judd made it through with me gone. The house didn't burn down and no one died. The kids were all sick though. I guess Madison threw up all over herself. Judd has a hard time dealing with stuff like that so he cut her shirt off of her and threw it away. My house was a wreck when I got home, but it was still good to make it back. Now we are off for a stay in Snowflake. Hopefully I will remember to take some pictures to share!!!!

2 comments:

Mike and Meg said...

I am so glad you had a good experience.

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

haha... He really cut her shirt off! haha!! but I'm so glad you had a good experience. I wish I could have gone with you guys. Well I'll talk to you soon! See ya when you get back from Snowflake! Maybe I'll be in the hospital and you can come see us! ;)