Who would've thought that this would be me 10 years ago?? Definitely not me. I had some plans you know. I wanted to go live in California, play volleyball on the beach and live in a tiny apartment. I thought that I would be working at some school being an athletic trainer. Sometimes I think I started with the family thing too soon. Sometimes I wonder what the heck I was thinking when I ran off and got married at 19. But today isn't one of those days.
Today I wake up and for some reason I just have this feeling like "I have the best life ever!"
Mother's Day always does this to me.
I feel that I would be totally ungrateful to complain about anything. I have healthy children, who may drive me crazy most of the time, but they are mine and I will always have that bond with them.
Sometimes I get mad that they cry and whine at me, but when they are hurt or scared they cry to me for comfort.
Sometimes I get annoyed because they are always under my feet, but I am the first person they come to to show me their accomplishments.
When the baby wakes me up in the middle of the night I get frustrated, but then I go to his room and rock him to sleep and I cherish every second because I know soon enough he will be too big.
At the end of a stressful day, I don't think "wow, I wish I didn't have to do this"
I think "I love those kids, especially when they are sleeping"
Every day that I don't love and appreciate them is a day that is lost and I can never get back. Its easy after they go to bed to think that I can do better the next day. I can get on the floor and play instead of cleaning. Or instead of being on the computer for an hour I can do a craft with them.
So here's to motherhood. All the regrets, whining, poop, bugers, crying, messes, diapers, dirt, sand, driving, Dr.'s appointments, cuts, bruises, fighting, fits, love, laughter, games, innocence, learning, snuggling, hugging and craziness. I wouldn't give it up for anything. Not even to play volleyball on the beach for the rest of my days. I love these people and through being a wife and mother, I've found out who I really am and what life is all about.


3 comments:
DITTO.q
All I can say is, AMEN!
dang u made me get all teary eyed.. i feel the same.. your an awesome mom!!
Post a Comment