Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I was looking on Amazon and found the movie "Harriet the spy" I loved that movie! I had to get it because its right up Madison's alley. So on Saturday night we had a family movie night and watched it. It was still as cute as I remembered and the kids absolutely loved it. However.... I didn't realize that this movie would give certain kids bad ideas about spying on their parents. Don't worry, its not like that, yet... but I catch her hiding around the corner peeking at me all the time. folding laundry, doing dishes, talking to myself, she's spying and writing about it in her notebook. Tonight I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner and I knew they were spying on me. I just would talk and say funny things and I could hear them snickering. Now that Coulson is in his walker they have no chance of hiding. He walks around after them and makes these noises. We call them his "underwater whale noises", because he seriously sounds like some marine mammal. Well he was giving away their position so I thought it a great opportunity to grab my camera and jump around the corner and surprise them.
In other news... we've been putting our kids to bed every day at about 7. Lately Nolan has had a hard time falling asleep at night, so I thought it would be a good idea to change his nap into a quiet time instead. so I gave him the rules "stay in here for 1 hour, you can't come out, and if you get bored or tired, lay down." Well I went in my room for my quiet time to read and I ended up falling asleep. He came into my room to wake me up and that was fine. He lasted about 45 minutes in quiet time. not too bad. Well I was throwing something away in the bathroom and noticed blue stuff all over the toilet seat. Hmm. that's strange. Then I turn around to see that Nolan squirted out the whole tube of brand new toothpaste into the sink. I'm just trying to imagine his thought process, but all I can come up with is... male. I made him clean it up. Maybe next time he'll think twice, if its possible for a male brain to do so.

3 comments:
LOL... it's a nice learning experience for him!
I love the surprise picture. This must be why Nolan was "spying" on me through your window the other day when I came over. You should videotape the "whale noises" and post them. I am eager to hear them. And is Madison still eating two breakfasts? I thought that was so funny. I went home and told Bryant about it. Whoa, I am on pain meds and typing way too much! Sorry.
Nolan Nolan! I can see Cade doing something like that now! I tried to meet you at the riparian preserve the other week, but since I don't have a cell phone it makes it a little difficult.
Let's do get together sometime. We might be moving up north in about a month and would really like to see you guys before we do.
Post a Comment