Sunday, June 22, 2008

Family Reunion

We went up to the rim this weekend for my dad's family reunion. We had a pretty fun time. We were only able to stay one night, but the kids sure enjoyed themselves. I stayed in my parents camper with the baby, while Judd had our older 2 kids and my nephew Aden in the tent. I must say I had the better end of the deal on that one. He did have some fun stories to tell about it though. Madison went to lay down for a nap in the tent in the middle of the day but then came to tell us that she couldn't fall asleep because there were buzzing sounds. We didn't think much of it until later that night. When Judd took the kids for bed he had noticed that he didn't shut the tent door after he had set it up. During the day about 200 flies and other types of bugs had made their way inside and were buzzing around all over the tent. He tried to shoo them out but there were just too many. So he swatted all of them with his hat. His hat is looking pretty nasty today as you could probably imagine. The next morning I asked how they slept with all the flies and Aden said "Judd's hat is a real killing massine." It was cute.
He also had a restless night's sleep because all of the kids kept rolling off of their air mattresses. He had Madison and Nolan on their own twin mattresses and he was sharing a queen with Aden. He had gotten up in the middle of the night to put Madison back on her mattress and on his way back he tripped and fell onto the queen size which made Aden launch into the air and onto the ground. He was laughing and Aden stayed asleep through the whole thing. Shows how hard they played during the day!

Here is some video of a game we played. It was a doughnut eating contest where you had to have your hands behind your back and eat a doughnut on a string. Judd thought that he would be good at this game because he has a big mouth, that is until James, my bro in law stepped up. I'm sure you can tell which one I'm talking about. He eats his whole doughnut in .5 seconds. Its pretty amazing.

This is video of the kids doing the doughnut eating contest. Keep an eye on Nolan, he's up to the usual.

5 comments:

sladefamilyaz said...

Looks like a fun family! I love the story about Judd launching your nephew in the air and him sleeping through the whole thing. I wish I could still sleep that soundly!

Natalie Francis said...

What fun videos to watch! It looks likes a successful reunion!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

OK Clint and I are cracking up! He wanted to see your b.i.l eat the doughnut like ten times!

nelson6 said...

Looks like lots of fun, families are the best!

Mary said...

That's HILARIOUS!! I'd hate to be the donut!! : )