After a tough morning of battle of the wills, C hitting his baby sister. C not listening to a word I say. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm an idiot. Could this kid be smarter than me?
We get into the car to go to the store
Coulson grabbed my ice water and poured it all over the place because he has to do everything himself.
Me...gritting my teeth "oh bummer. I hate when I spill my water" ahhhhhh!!! I just want to scream "what the heck are you doing?!?!?!!!!" but its love and logic day remember. I have a careless smile painted on.
When we get to the store he's trying to run through the parking lot.
Me "Coulson, would you like to hold my left hand or my right hand?" griiittt!!!
C "none! leave me alone!"
Me "how sad.....(umm this is when I don't know what to do next. ideally they would have you take action) ok, it looks like the right hand."
C...runs off onto the edge of the curb, daring to go into the street, all the while looking over his shoulder at me smiling.
Me....grit grit grit. ahhhh (on the inside) What the heck! This child challenges me on every single thing!!!
(I won't even go into our experience in the store, that would take all day)
Me, putting Myla in her carseat, all the while cursing to high heavens under my breath.
I go to put Coulson in his car seat. He decided he wanted to climb into the back of the van. GRIT!!!!!
Me "C, do you want to come up here like a big boy or do I need to come back there and get you?"
C "go away mom, i don't like you"
Me, trying to conceal the smoke coming out of my ears. "alright it looks like I will have to come and get you."
C. grabbing on to the seats in the back, me trying to pull him up (while staying calm) Finally get him in hit seat, now trying to buckle while arms and legs are flailing wildly. Get the buckles buckled and close the door and say a few choice words. Poor people in the parking lot. Walking around my car and getting into the drivers seat (still cursing under my breath, only one must have been louder than I meant for it)
C "mom, who's being a butthead?"
Me...with a smile "just some kid outside" whew.
Now, I must have really been on crack because I drove us to the library next. I forgot my stroller. %(&*$#@! ( i will leave that one up to your imagination)
Now I'm carrying Myla on my hip and trying to corral C around the library. Fail. He runs off the second we walk through the door. I turn the corner and he's rounded up about 6 DVD's. I didn't go to the library for DVD's. What do I do next damn love and logic!!!??? Well, I really had some stuff I needed to pick up so I say "would you like to hold my list while we look for your books?"
For some reason C starts ripping books off of the shelves. I take movies and set them up on a shelf. C starts having a mini seizure. Time to go. So with baby on my hip, trying to keep calm, C is screaming his little head off at the quiet library (and why the heck is the library so busy RIGHT now?!?!) I am keeping my cool, feeling pretty proud of myself. Normally I would have given him what he wanted so he would shut up. But not today... Noooo. Its love and logic day %(*^&#@$&#($^&.!!!! C is in all out hysterics by the time we reach the car. I calmly buckle him in, still holding a baby on hip (mom's are so multi- talented) I look back and a lady is running after me. She has C's shoe. (or Madison's shoe to be exact. Yes, He wore Madison's flip flops with the pretty ribbons tied all over them for our errands. He also wore Nolan's shorts. don't judge) "Hey" she yells. "He dropped his shoe way back there when he first started screaming." craptastic. "Thanks", I say. Well, I'm sure you're all wondering what I did next... I left his butt in the car and went back in to get my crap! (call the cops if you want to but I was gone for 1 minute and we were in a shady spot) So, screaming fit all the way home. Screaming so much he's starting to freak Myla out. I get home and lock him in his room. (all the while he is looking for some type of "tool" to unlock it. Kept my cool, feeling good! C has now passed out and is having a nap. To all the moms out there that say how naughty their kids are...this one's for you. All of this took place in the space of an hour. And it has been an everyday thing. Yesterday we were at the store and he pooed his pants. He has been potty trained for a year! Not only am I not feeling very logical, I'm not feeling very loving either. Advice, applause or comments welcome :)

4 comments:
bwahahaha!oh, sorry...I'm laughing because I've sooo been there. I'm pretty sure my girl has turned me certifiably insane. No joke. btw..I'm telling you-go to Bashas! I dropped off my kids @ the cubhouse, then I went and got a pumpkin spice (coffee-free) frapaccino (sp?) and a cake pop and then carelessly strolled through the grocery store having the time of my life. True story. Loved it.
I hope Isabella and C never meet because they would a terror. It takes a while but you will get it and soon he will realize that he can't get what he wants. Just keep breathing and remember it takes more energy to get upset then it does to blow it off and keep up the "love and Logic" You are doing just fine!
I think you win. he sounds like trouble!
I think you are doing amazing!! It sounds like you handled it way better than I would have! Good job chicky!
Post a Comment