Every New Year I join the masses and vow to not eat sugar and to exercise more. It usually fails within a few days. Sometimes a few hours ;). I have a confession to make. I love food. I love sugar. I will pretty much eat anything. I think life on a diet is pure torture. This is a realization that I came across last year during my resolution. I might as well have said "my New Years Resolution is to see how long I can torture myself by watching everyone around me eat awesome food while I have to eat carrot sticks." What kind of life is that?!?! Not one I want to try to have. What is life without cookies and milk? Or lemon bars? or cheesecake? or a huge bowl of peanut butter crunch cereal? Or breadsticks with alfredo sauce at Olive Garden? You get the point. So... needless to say, that is not what I'm doing this year. Statistics show that most resolutions are lost by Feb. 14th. I've witnessed this at the gym. The first few weeks of the year the gym is packed. It always makes me laugh.
I do enjoy resolutions. I think they a are wonderful way to try new things and make yourself better. So for this year I've got a couple of things in mind.
1. Kiss my husband at least 10 times a day. (he will like this one ;)
2. Only spend $40 a week on groceries
3. snuggle with my kids every day
4. laugh at my kids mistakes instead of getting angry
5. Drink more water
These things are totally doable and I won't get depressed if I can't do them 24/7. Oh... and of course.... UPDATE MY BLOG more. I've been so bad. It seems everyone has kind of fallen off of the blog band wagon. I miss you guys!
General Conference Note Taker
4 months ago

4 comments:
how can you only spend $40/week on groceries? We must eat WAY too much around here : ). Seriously one trip to Costco is AT LEAST $200, at least once/month so there's my $40/week right there.
Wait a second, you need to tell us how you are only going to spend $40. Please tell us.
I want to know too. Give me your secrets!
I like the way you think missy! I totally agree, I absolutely HATE diets, doing without desserts or eating the fantastic food I love. However, I do need to exercise more. If I looked as good as you do, I could eat anything I want as well! :)
Post a Comment