Sunday, November 22, 2009

So much to do in so little time...

I confess, I've been a lazy blogger! I'm going to try and jump more on the band wagon!
For a long time I would think "oh, nothing's been going on to blog about, but i looked through my camera and I realized that I was wrong. So much has been going on. I will try to go in order.

First... Madison had 80's day at school. I was born in the 80's, so I missed all of the big hair and hair spray. But needless to say, I can do some pretty "rad" 80's hair. Here she is, ticked off. She hates her hair. She thinks everyone will laugh at her. "Well of course they will laugh at you. Everyone laughs at people who look like they are stuck in the 80's." Come on people. Mullets... you can't honestly tell me that you've never laughed at someone with a mullet before. Funny story really fast... I saw this guy one time with a mullet, back in my younger, braver years. I say "nice mullet" and he says....... "what's a mullet?" If you don't know you have a mullet then you might be a red neck. That's all I have to say about that. Anyway. pictures of her on 80's day!


Well Halloween came and went this year just like everything else. Weeks of preparation for 3 hours of candy hoarding fun. Woo hoo. I love having a baby that I can make dress up as anything I want.... A Garden Gnome. Best costume of all time.
Judd and I were Popeye and olive oil. He actually won best costume, thanks to his lovely wife who spent the days leading up to Halloween stressed beyond belief and slaving over a sewing machine. We won 2 harkins tickets. I am pretty awesome...



The kids were little red riding hood, decided upon super last second, but pulled off none the less. and a knight. I am the meanest mom because I won't let my kids dress up in what ever they want. Every little boy is spider man and batman and every little girl is a princess or Hannah Montana (dry heave) Funny story really fast about Hannah. I heard this song on the radio the other day and I was like "who the heck sings this song? I swore it was Alvin and the chipmunks talking about moving to the USA or something. Come to find out it was Miley Cirus. How the heck can people like her music! she sounds like she's singing on helium. Anyway, long story short, My kids have to look unique. Here they are...


After Trick or treating is always my favorite part. I turn right around and hand all of that hard earned candy away. Except this time we stayed out too long. Madison was hanging from the door way yelling "get your candy!" No one came. Madison and Nolan then started fighting, Madison fell over the gate and out onto the porch. We decided that we'd had enough of Halloween and put the kids to bed at 7:30. I love early bed time!


My birthday came and went! It was one of the best birthday's ever. I at out every lunch and dinner for 3 straight days. I was spoiled! I had girls night out on Wednesday, Phantom of the Opera on Thursday, a RS party on Friday and dinner with my parents on Saturday. Phantom of the Opera was great! The scene changes and music are AMAZING! Oh, and did I mention that I got a 90 minute massage?!?! Hot stones and everything. Steph, you're the best!!!
Oh and my most best girl's night out ever to see New Moon. It was awesome. I'm going to see it again on Tuesday. Be jealous. Its okay.

6 comments:

sladefamilyaz said...

Love the Halloween costumes!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

OK, LOVE the costumes. I wish Clint and I were creative enough to dress up!

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And glad you had a good birthday week... :) And you seriously the best costume maker! GREAT costumes!

Tanner and Shasta said...

Love the 80's hair.... takes me back. Back to my school days when my hair looked the exact same.

What was the name of that series you're reading?

Scot & Tanya said...

Great pictures!! I love the look on Madison's face in the 80's picture. You have such cute pictures. Glad you had a great birthday!

cosmo and jenn said...

LOVE your yellow shoes in your family picture. too bad i would fall over if i attempted to walk in them...