Well, I had my first Sharing time experience in primary this past weekend. I hand made some puppets and had a puppet show. I was pretty nervous. I still don't know how to deal with this whole "keep 80 kids in order" business. Well, it got mixed reviews. Some of the kids said they wanted to do it every week and some of the kids booed at me. I will get the hang of this soon. At the least I have learned that I have no shame... or pride.
Have I mentioned that I have a baby who is almost 16 months old? Have I mentioned that this baby does not ever intend to walk?
He is however, very fascinated by Madison's boom box
And he loves to climb up and sit on everything. I caught him sitting on top of my keyboard the other day. Wish I would have had a camera for that one but I was too busy freaking out that he was going to crack his head open.
Madison has continued her tradition of wearing the strangest outfits to school. She has, however, been brushing her hair. A sign of her growing up, I'm sure. This morning she said to me "a girl in my class always wears fancy clothes and always looks pretty." This was a teaching opportunity in the making.... my response was "well, you are so pretty that you don't have to wear pretty clothes. Sometimes people feel like they always have to wear pretty clothes because they don't believe they are pretty and it makes them feel better. Be very thankful that you know how beautiful you are, and your friends will like you for who you are and not your clothes."
Nolan is a pretty sweet kid. I know that I've said many things on this blog that may contradict that statement. He's always so good and quiet for his teachers, he helps me unload the dishwasher every day. Lately he's been saying sweet things like "i will eat what ever you make for me" or "you are so pretty". I went in to check on him while he was sleeping the other night to find him missing from his bed. I looked around the room and noticed that he had climbed up on the top bunk with Madi and was sleeping with her. I guess this has been going on for a while and I never knew it. He says he gets scared and he sleeps better up there. Poor Madi. That kid is a wild sleeper. He's always taking up the whole bed, kicking her off of her pillow and she just sleeps through it. What a good big sister. I had to get a picture, so I would never forget....

6 comments:
Your kids are so cute. And I HATE facebook too. What a waste of time!
Madison has NOTHING to worry about with you as her Mom. You can make anything look good on a budget and I think she has a great sense of style already!
Sharing time was great. You have great kids and they are so cute, hair done or not!
Good luck with sharing time. I am sure you will do great, and get the hang of things. Whe I was called as a primary music leader of Branch in UT, I went to the lds.org and watched some videos on how to deal with the kids and about my calling. I really helped me realize the spirit of things. If you let the Spirit guide you, add your personal touch (you are already doing that), and love them, you will grow to love your calling and to feel comfortable with it. I saw it in you with YW, and I am sure it will be the same with Primary.
You are such a great Mom, I learned from your advice, on what to tell my girls when they come with comments like that.
The pic of Nolan and Maddy is so cute. I loved it. I can't hang out this weekend but we should plan something with Tiff and other girls sometime soon.
I heard great reviews about your sharing time from my kids. They said you were very funny and that they learned a lot about Alma. As for facebook, I'm new to that as of the last two weeks and since then I've found tons of long lost friends from years ago and been able to chat with them which is really fun. I don't know about all the quizzes, groups and hearing that someone just bought a big gulp, etc. but I can see how it has some perks.
I found your blog through Katie's! And I just thought I would let you know that as far as that sharing time went, I got a huge kick out of it...in fact, I proceeded to come home and tell my husband about it. ha! You're doing great!
Post a Comment