Here is a little excerpt from the book I'm reading "I can make you thin" I was laughing so hard. I'm not sure if it was because it was like 1 in the morning and I was really tired or because I do this with my kids and now feel like a total idiot. Let me know what you think.
Like most kids, I was told by my parents to eat everything on my plate because "there are starving children in India." Don't underestimate the subtle power of this guilt trip, especially if it was instilled at a formative age. Eventually , of course, I realized that it was a con. I used to say "how does me being overweight help the starving children? Shall I take a picture of myself fat and send it to them with a note saying 'at least you know the food isn't going to waste' "?
Let me put this one to rest once and for all---contrary to popular parental opinion, eating everything on your plate has been shown to do nothing to contribute to the well-being of starving children in Africa, India or China.
General Conference Note Taker
4 months ago

3 comments:
you were right! That is HILARIOUS!!!!
HAHA!!! Seriously so great cause boy oh boy did my dad use that for everything! NOTHING goes to waste with him around!!
Yeah, you can call the MAC box office and just tell them the promo code and your ticket will be $11! The number is 480-644-6500
Post a Comment