Monday, January 12, 2009

Nolan's Birthday

We had Nolan's birthday party this past Saturday. I always try to convince myself that I will take it easy and just do a casual party that doesn't take a lot of work. At least that's how it started out. Then I found all of these cute ideas on web sites and I couldn't resist. I wanted to do sack races, but I couldn't find sacks so sweet Wendy gave me some material and I was able to sew all of the sacs. They turned out really great. Thanks Wendy! The kids had so much fun, except Madison, who couldn't quite figure out how to hop inside of the sack, and just sat on the ground and pouted. We played kickball. That was probably my favorite part. The kids all lined up to kick and the adults were in the infield. Every time a kid would kick we would catch the ball and throw it at them before they could reach first base. They would all crash to the ground and oh my gosh, it was so funny!! I don't know what's so funny about hitting someone with a kickball, but it was hilarious. Sorry again to all of the moms who's kids I injured while playing. Then for the rest of the time the kids just ran around and played on the playground. I made these fun cupcakes that took up most of my party preparation time. They are supposed to look like frogs, but they kind of look like, well I don't even know what they look like, but they were cute. All in all it was a fun morning, and all of the kids took a nap afterward, even me :) This is Nolan and his really cool Batman bike. He was so excited! Don't mind all the crap in the background. That's Judd's weight room/tool shed/storage unit/garage/what ever else we need it to be. Hey, at least my car fits in there!


WARNING: don't look down if you are easily grossed out by a severely messy face.



Coulson had his first experience with one of those teething cookies. (his first little tooth came in last week) He loved it for about 10 minutes and then he would just drop it on the floor and stare at it. That was one of the messiest things I've ever had to clean up. It was a big sticky slobberfest. I think I'll take Marianne's idea and give him a carrot next time.

6 comments:

Mike and Meg said...

Thanks so much for the invite! We had so much fun! It turned out to be a beautiful day for a outside party! I thought the cupcakes were so cute.

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

haha... I love Coulson's pictures. And the party was a blast! I was so glad I got to come. I have to say kickball was my favorite too!! You are such a riot! Thanks for inviting me! Oh and I have some cute clothes if you want to use them til I can fit in them again! I have some awesome brown skirts that should work with those shoes!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Nolan!! Your boys are so cute!!

Sarah said...

I love reading your blog! The way you word things just cracks me up. Trent even likes reading, however he would never admit to it.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Seriously those biter biscuits are the worst to clean up! Cute party....will you throw Sage's? :)

Anonymous said...

How much fun! Such fun & cute ideas and games for the party. That Coulson is just getting cuter & cuter!