Sunday, October 26, 2008

What do you get when you gobble down treats?

I must say that Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love to make the costumes and every year I get a little more crafty. This year Madison decided to be wonder woman. This was one of my funnest costumes yet. Nolan was a cowboy because that's what I told him to be, otherwise he would be batman every year. And, plus it was easy to put together.
We had our Ward Halloween party on Saturday and that is always so much fun. We have it at the neighborhood park so its nice to let the kids run around unsupervised.
It seems every Holiday that has anything to do with candy, we seem to lose Madison. Wait... Madison sneaks off to see what what goodies she's rounded up. During Easter Egg Hunts, she can't even wait until the hunt is over. She pops those eggs open as soon as she gets one and eats all the candy. Or if we are at a party with a pinata she grabs as much candy as she can and hides somewhere to eat it all and then usually feels sick the rest of the night. I tell you my kids are smart! Well last night was no exception. She did her trick or treat rounds and then I realized that I hadn't seen her in a while. I looked under the ramada, and guess what I saw?!?! yes, Madison gobbling up all of her candy. All of the other kids were playing and going for seconds and thirds in the trick or treat line, but there was my kid, hoarding her candy.
So I come to my next favorite thing about Halloween. RECYCLING! When we came home from our party I had the kids pick 15 pieces of candy that they wanted to keep (Judd and I kept some too, just the good stuff) and the rest goes right into the bowl to hand out to trick or treaters on Halloween. I know I will only be able to keep this up for a year or two more, but right now the kids don't seem to mind.
I was excited to get them all sort of looking at me at the same time. Had to show it off
Coulson loved his flannel shirt so much that he tried to eat it. This was one of many attempts to get a good shot.
Judd didn't have a costume so I decided to shave a pumpkin into the back of his head. It was a big hit.These are the cutest cowboy pictures!!! I was so happy!

4 comments:

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

K, three things:
LOVE the pumpkin on Judd
LOVE Coulson
LOVE Madi's costume; you are so crafty. Hamstring? Shoulder? How are you feeling?

Tansey Hall said...

You are so creative. I had to show Clay the shaved pumpkin on the back of Judd's head.

Makenna said...

he does make the cutest cowboy! thanks for inviting us- it was way fun!

Diana Gomez-Anderson said...

The costumes turn out so cute. I love all of them,especially Madison's. You did such a great job!