Friday, October 10, 2008

A Tribute to Fashion

I am so glad that I have a girl. I get to dress her in pretty clothes, braid and curl her hair, play dress up and house. Oh wait... I don't just have any girl, I have my Madison. Man, is she as unique as they come. Lately I've been trying to let her be more independent. I let her get her own snacks, go to the bathroom at church by herself and little things like that to make her feel like she is a big girl.
I love to shop for kids clothes. Especially girl clothes. They make the cutest stuff for little girls now days. So before school started I took Madison school shopping to get some new outfits. She's picked up on my love for shopping lately. She goes through the isles picking things out left and right.
"Look at this, can you believe how cute this is???" she says
or "I can't believe it, this is the most fashionable shirt."
So we shopped and found many cute things including Sketchers shoes that she had to have that were $45!!! I don't even spend that much on my own shoes. She was happy.
So now we are almost through the first quarter of the school year and ask me how many of those outfits shes worn. Go ahead. Ummm, about zero. She won't even wear her new shoes. She continues to wear her bratz shoes even though they give her blisters. I have been in many an argument trying to get that girl to wear her new stuff, but only to be in a torturous power struggle.
I've decided that I don't care anymore. Its her outfit and her social funeral. Just kidding, I don't think kindergartners even give two hoots for what each other are wearing, so why should I?? If she feels good about her outfits then that's all that matters. It won't be too many years until she is dragging me through that horrible Hollister store. That horrible store that has no lights so you can't even see the price of the $50 thin as heck t-shirt you're buying, and is like a maze that keeps you locked inside and plays the loudest music that makes you want to have a seizure. Okay, so you know now that I hate that store. Anyway, I know that's where we will be in a few years and I should just enjoy the cheap clothes while I can.
So I've decided to do a little fashion slide show of the outfits she's worn the last couple of days to school. One week she wore the same pants 3 days in a row!!! I'm really bummed that I didn't get a picture of the black purple and blue leopard print dress with a bright yellow shirt underneath. That one is classic. I'm sure she'll wear it again. I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

Mike Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike and Meg said...

I hate when I use Mikes name to make comments! I love it! I Just guess you have to pick your battles. I cant wait until she looks back at those photos.

Amber Larsen said...

wow, that really is a fashion statement. that girl is Hilarious!! I love the tennis shoes with the dress; that is beautiful.

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

Alright, ask me on Wednesday what the teacher inside of me would be saying to the other teachers in the lounge about her clothes. ;) Ha ha....she is so cute!

The Scott's said...

Love this!! Your family is so cute and your baby is getting so big. You are such a stud.

sladefamilyaz said...

Hey, at least she doesn't want to be a boy anymore.

Makenna said...

hey thanks for the stinkin tag! not cool- im weird enough! im surer everyone really wants to know! I love madison just the way she is! even if she does wear funny pants:) so funny.