When we moved into this house I was aware that there could be a potential scorpion problem. I was determined that we could prevail over those nasty little buggers. We have "hunting parties" every night where we go out and kill them. We spray inside and outside every 4 weeks with the professional stuff. I have had the occasional run in with them outside (see King kong scorpion from a previous post) But we've been sooooo lucky to keep them from coming in. I have put glass jars under the crib legs and a mosquito net surrounds the little lady while she sleeps. But other than that, I think I've really taken for granted the fact that there have been none in the house....until the other day. I was giving the two little ones a bath and they were splashing and playing and having a fun time in the water. I was shampooing Myla's little head and grabbed the cup to pour water on her to rinse her off. (I have a bathtub cup that I always leave in there for rinsing) I dipped the cup into the water and poured it on her head. The next thing I saw was a scorpion. sliding down my baby's head and down her back. I about had a heart attack! I immediately smacked it off of her (which freaked her out. here she was having fun in the water and then she's getting smacked. poor thing) and pulled the kids out of the tub. I was shaking. I sat and stared at her back for like 30 minutes making sure that she wasn't stung. Thank goodness she wasn't. I immediately started saying my "thankful" prayers. I haven't used that bathtub in about a week. The water gets too hot on that side of the house. So no telling how long that thing was in the cup or how the heck it even got in there! But lesson learned! ALWAYS check cups and pretty much everything for bugs!
4 comments:
yuck! so glad she is ok! we had scorpions at my parents house growing up.. I remember doing hunts with the black lights.I was stung one.. not fun!
yuck. yuck. yuck. I hate those things so much. I've found 4 in my house this past week alone. Alive. One in my laundry room, one in my bathroom (ON THE WALL RIGHT NEXT TO WHILE I PEED) one in Clint's shoe and one in my kitchen. I've had nightmares every single week and wake up in the middle of the night scared there's one on the headboard of my bed.
yep. That's the creepy creepers. heebie jeebies.
That is so scary! I have a bug guy that guarantees no more scorpions. I'll give you his # if you want it =)
Post a Comment