Tuesday, September 28, 2010

changes

Judd and I were sitting on the couch the other night, and it hit me. There are 4 other people in my house right now. Weird. There are 6 of us and 3 bedrooms. Hmmmm....
Life has been different, but good. I feel really out numbered.
At first I was kinda stressed, but I made a conscious choice that instead of getting stressed, I'm going to think everything is funny. Example. Nolan is a dramatic child. He has these dad gum silly band things (stretchy bracelets) and every time one of them breaks its the end of the world. Well one broke the other day and he came out of his room doing is pterodactyl scream. He makes this horrible face and he was even drooling. Normally, me not being sympathetic and all, I would yell at him to go to his room and come back out when he is ready to talk like a normal person, but instead I laughed hysterically. I couldn't stop. The drool was just so funny. Judd came into the room and asked what was so funny and I told him. He told Nolan that he was making his mother psychotic. That could be true. After a while of being a parent, I think we are all crazy.
Come over to my house some time and you will see why. I came up with my own top 10 list....
You know you have a newborn when:
10: School aged children wear the same thing to school for the whole week and you don't even notice
9: Your two year old eats and watches what ever he wants
8: You walk through the house in the middle of the night and step on a squishy diaper.
7: You have spit up on your shirt and you don't even care
6: Every time you sit down you fall asleep
5: If your husband tries to make a pass at you, you smack him
4: Nothing is clean. ever.
3. You get excited and dressed up to go to the grocery store
2. The sunlight burns your eyes when you go outside
1. You get excited that you slept for 3 hours straight.

The other night Judd was at school. I was making dinner, helping a whining Madison with her homework (which is exhausting in itself, like pulling teeth) Nolan is crying because of something or other, Coulson was squirting toothpaste all over the counter, and I was nursing the baby this whole time. The only thought that came to me was "Is this really my life?" I guess so. Motherhood is the craziest hardest job there is, and no one, can ever convince me otherwise. I don't care what you do!!!

3 comments:

MP Flory said...

You're top 10 had me laughing! I read them to Doug! I think six of them happened to me this week!

Alisa said...

Oh my, I am laughing so hard. You poor little mama. And here I am, worrying about my hair growing long! I shall be patient. :) Good luck my dear.

Stephanie and Cody Sunderhaus said...

Hahahaha... Love it! P.S. I have to tell you that even Cody will get on to read your blog and loves the venting ones! It's so funny! Just wanted to share that with you! Muah! Miss you!