Well, what can I say...I've been super busy and have wanted to blog so bad but I have to think of something to write about. Nothing exciting has been going on. We did get our family pictures taken as you can see above. That was interesting. The kids did make it through pretty well. Any hoo.... things on my mind have been the following...
Very glad that I married my husband. Tonight at dinner we were talking about why we married each other, and no, it wasn't as mushy as it sounds. His main reason was that I didn't have any credit card debt like other girls in college did. Geez could he be any smoother.
I decided that he was meant for me. He is quite possibly the only man on the face of the earth that will put up with my crap, and believe you me, there is a lot of it. He does it gracefully. There is a certain comforting reassurance every time we fight and he is annoying the %@#! out of me. I think "Well, this is the best I'll ever have it, so I might as well enjoy it. Even the fighting." Our fights get pretty interesting after that. I say "fights" but what I really mean is me complaining and irritating and pressing his buttons... all the while him putting up with it until he's finally had enough and actually says something back. Like I said, he's perfect for me.
I am perfect for him too though. He's still a kid at heart and most of the time he needs someone to boss him around and reassure him. A week ago he decided to go bird hunting alone. I said "you should take my cell phone" he said "I'll only be gone a little while" i said "just be quiet and take the phone!"
Can you see where this is going?
Well he's up in the mountains doing whatever guys do when they are alone with a gun... shooting at things running through the desert playing army soldier... i don't know. Its about 5:00 and the sun is going down. I get dinner cooking on the oven, am getting ready to lay the baby down for a nap, cleaning, listening to crazy kids, the usual. The phone rings and its him. He's locked his keys in the trunk of his car and he's out on the side of the road in BFE. He doesn't know what to do. I say "break the window" He doesn't want to do that because its expensive, I say "call AAA" he says "its dark and I'm sitting out here in the middle of nowhere. Who knows when they'll show up" I say "well what the heck do you want me to do?" We decided that I would go pick him up. So I take my dinner that is half way done off of the stove, load up a whiny baby and hyper kids and take the 35 minute drive to get him. Its a good thing he brought that cell phone because it would have been a long walk.
Well, I finally get there and he is still contemplating what to do. Now he's decided he doesn't want to leave his car because he's locked his gun in it. I say "just break the ding dang window!!"
I get out of the car to be "supportive" He picks up a rock the size of a football and is standing by his car staring at it. He really didn't want to do it. But I was being that inner "bad" voice "do it, do it, do it" I was excited. Vandalism at its best. He admitted he was feeling a little nauseous (don't you dare tell him I told you that) because he doesn't like breaking things. You're a MALE for goodness sakes. Breaking things is what you're best at! So he starts hitting the window reluctantly. It breaks and I can tell he's upset that I talked him into it, but he was a good sport. I went back home still pretty irritated that I had to drive all the way out there just so he could break the window. Long story short, he needs me.
Anyway just a few ponderings on my mind. Hope you've enjoyed them!
General Conference Note Taker
4 months ago

3 comments:
Oh you guys are so dang cute! I love it! And that story cracks me up and he's gonna kick your butt if he reads your blog..lol!
I love your family pictures. I love that story! You are a lot more supportive than I would have been. I would have said break the window or YOYO!
HAHA!! Oh dear! You're stories are so awesome! And I love your new pictures!! We need to have a girls night again after the new year begins!!
Post a Comment