Friday, May 30, 2008

so far.... not as crazy as I thought

Okay, he's here!! Coulson Judd Rich born on May 13th, and weighed 7.14. He seems to be pretty content so far, so I must be honest and say that the 3rd hasn't shook me up as bad as I thought. Last night he only woke up once!!! Hooray for me! There's only been one little set back so far. I took him to the Doctor on Tuesday for his 2 week check up. I had to undress him so the nurse could get his weight and as I set him on the scale I noticed that his little umbilical stump had gotten caught on my shirt and came off. (don't worry, he didn't even know that it happened!) Anyway, the doctor noticed that there was something strange with his belly button and I have to get it checked out by a surgeon at Phoenix Children's hospital. Its called a urachal sinus. I looked it up online and its classified as a medical anomaly. I can only describe it this way... It looks like there is a little tube, like for an i.v. inside of his belly button, which I guess when in utero feeds the baby for the first 20 weeks of life. It is supposed to be gone by the time of birth, but for some reason his is still there, and may be connected to the bladder. So far it hasn't been leaking, so I'm guessing its not serious, but I'm not a specialist, so what do I know. Anyway, it may need to be surgically removed. Our appointment is June 9th, so I'll keep updating as often as possible.

4 comments:

Natalie Francis said...

I am loving your new blog! Congratulations!!! I hope all is well with his belly button. Keep us posted!

Mary said...

Yeah!! I'm glad you have a blog!! It's so easy to keep up with friends this way!! It's so hard to keep in touch when everyone has kids and we're all going in different directions!! Anyway...I'm glad Coulson is being so good for you. Don't brag too much though, they like to make liars out of you when you start doing that!! : ) Take care and I'll be checking in on you!! My blog is private so I'll send you an invite so you can check us out too!! Your a better woman than I...3 kids kicked my booty!!! : )

Janee Graham said...

Way to join us bloggers. I have to say I am not to good at keeping up with mine but I still thinks its fun. I am glad you aren't feeling the overwhelmed feeling allot of us felt with baby # 3. I hope all goes well at your appointment, keep us posted.

Heidi said...

Congratulations on little Coulson!! And welcome to the blogging world :) I stink at it..haha! I hope Coulson is ok and they don't have to operate. That would be so hard with him so little! He is adorable!